How’s your budget? Recently this appeared in Dr. Tom Hill’s Friday Eaglezine. I thought it was worth posting here.
Let me know what you think. Anyone have a budget that looks like this? I believe you might want to take steps to improve it.
This, rather brilliantly, cuts through all the political doublespeak we get and puts our deficit spending and national debt into an easier to understand perspective.
*Why the U.S. was downgraded:
– U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
– Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
– New debt: $1,650,000,000,000
– National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
– Recent budget cuts:$ 38,500,000,000
*Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
– Annual family income: $21,700
– Money the family spent: $38,200
– New debt on the credit card: $16,500
– Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
– Total budget cuts: $385
Simple isn’t it?
Posted by Staff Writer in Weekly Editorial
Tuesday, January 3. 2012
Well… This makes it crystal clear what problems we are facing in the U.S. Comments?